YOUR FIRST SUNLESS EXPERIENCE
We know how your first sunless experience can be an overwhelming one (and life is sometimes stressful as it is, this experience shouldn't be one of them)! So, we put together key points to expect before and after your sunless session:
TIPS & TRICKS FOR ENHANCING YOUR VERSASPA EXPERIENCE
BEFORE YOUR SUNLESS SESSION:
- Thoroughly exfoliate your skin (i.e. shower and/or shave).
- Wax at least 24 hours prior to your sunless session, to allow pores time to close. Do not wax right after a sunless session as it will strip away the top layer of your skin causing that area to appear lighter than the rest of your body.
- Do NOT moisturize prior to the session, as the lotion can create a barrier. It is always best to shower and thoroughly exfoliate your skin prior to coming in for a sunless session. Make sure your skin is free of moisturizers, make up, perfume, oils, and deodorants.
- Dress in loose-fitted and dark coloured clothing for your sunless session.
AFTER YOUR SUNLESS SESSION:
- Wait 4-6 hours before showering or engaging in any activity that will cause you to perspire. This will allow your sunless tan to fully develop and will ensure the best results.
- Do not be alarmed if you see colour washing off from your first shower – this is normal. What you see washing off is the immediate cosmetic bronzer; what is left is a beautiful sunless tan.
- Moisturizing several times a day will help to maintain your glow and extend and build colour between your sunless sessions. Moisturize using a paraben-free lotion (perferably aloe based with no oils).
- Avoid long, hot baths or showers, hot tubs, chlorinated pools, and salt water, as these will cause your sunless tan to fade more quickly.
- We do not recommend using the VersaSpa more than once in 12 hours.