YOUR FIRST TANNING EXPERIENCEWe know your first tanning session can be an overwhelming one, so here are a few key points to remember during your session.
TIPS & TRICKS FOR ENHANCING YOUR TANNING EXPERIENCE:
- When you first come in, we will create a customized tanning schedule based on your exact needs, skin type, and recent tanning history.
- We highly recommend using a tanning lotion right before your tanning session, to maximize and extend the life of your tan. Check out, Skin Care for more info on the benefits of using a tanning lotion.
- ALWAYS use protective eyewear – your eyelids provide almost no protection against UV light. Increased exposure to UV light can cause corneal, lens and retina damage. You can always find a freshly sanitized pair of goggles in each of our tanning rooms.
- Whether you choose to tan in the nude, in a bathing suit or in your undergarments is totally up to you. However, we recommend limiting exposure to areas not regularly exposed to the sun.
- Once you are ready, lie down in the bed, put on your protective eyewear, pull down the top of the tanning bed towards you and press “start”.
- It's now time to relax and enjoy your tanning session!
- Your bed will shut off automatically once your session is over, and you can now get out of the bed and get dressed.
- In each of our tanning rooms, you will find an after-tan moisturizing lotion and a hand sanitizing gel. Moisturizing lotion will aid in providing more hydration, lock in that colour and maintain the life of your beautiful tan. Sanitizing gel will remove any discolouration on your hands that may be left from bronzing lotions.
ALWAYS REMEMBER TO...
- MOISTURIZE MOISTURIZE MOISTURIZE – keeping your skin moisturized in between tanning sessions will enhance and maintain the life of your tan.
- If you are trying to build up a base tan, we recommend coming in 2-3 times a week, as long as you are not burning. If you experience slight to moderate redness or some discomfort, wait for the redness to subside.
- If you are simply maintaining your colour, we recommend coming in once a week or once in 10 days, depending on your skin type.
Contact our friendly and knowledge staff, and we will always be happy to answer any other questions or concerns that you may have.